Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Numbing the pain

Ahah. Criticism from the normal people on my tagboard.
Well, i must say that you missed my point entirely.
i'm not trying to say that crying inspires people.
where the hell did that come from?
my point is that if you numb yourself, like how that certain person i was talking about was doing,
you can't get anywhere.
numbing yourself renders you incapable of achieving your true potential.
take me for example.
i numbed myself for 6 whole years and look where that got me, a stint in the INSTITUTE OF MENTAL HEALTH and a flirt with clinical depression.
i know what it's like to numb yourself.
it's not good.
my point was that if breaking someone will help them to FEEL all the hurt and pain that they've pushed aside for such a long time, it'll will undoubtedly help them come to terms with the pain and accept it.
fact is, acceptance is one of the hardest things in life but we all have to go through it.
and only when we fully accept it then we can MOVE ON with our life.
there's a saying "in order to move on, we have to immerse and seep ourselves in our pain, not push it away."
so how are you going to immerse yourself in your pain and really FEEL it if you're numbing yourself?
my intention here is to HELP not to hurt more. yes it will hurt to feel after so long but its a way in order to move on.
I mean come on, i've had myself cut open as though i'm a cadaver undergoing autopsy and it's undoubtedly made me come to terms with all the bottled up hurt and pain.
I guess, the fact is that you will never understand it unless you have gone through it yourself.

No comments: