Friday, April 20, 2007

Paradigm Shift

This whole week has been pure CRAP.
Gemilang rehearsal everyday until 9pm.
The stress kept on mounting along with the homework assigned.
I took a day off from school on Tuesday to rest and clear my mind and catch up on homework.
Coincidentally, fiqa, nami and shaf also didn't go to school.
We were all just so sick and tired of everything and anything to do with gemilang and school.
Dilah came over to keep me sane while I did my work.
The next day in school, a day before the actual gemilang date, I was suddenly assigned the last minute task of assistant to Aisyah for ushering.
Meaning to say Cikgu relayed info to me and I was supposed to pass it all to Aisyah.
I was pretty okay with it since I knew all the ex-co members were stressed up.
So I passed on the info and gemilang rehearsal went quite smoothly compared to other rehearsals.
Then the big day arrives.
Everyone was tired and stressed up.
When the whole thing started, I helped Aisyah do the usher briefing and all that.
Somehow, I got roped in to becoming a runner and found myself running up and down the school.
Last minute change of plans was frustrating and confusing.
And my phone decided it was the right time to screw up.
After running about, I honestly thought I was quite free and started to ease up from all the pressure and tension and just be prepared to collect the results from the judges and pass it all to Cikgu Ali in the staff room. (which means more running)
Then somehow, I found myself becoming the stage manager after Cikgu Hani asked me something and then we realised that the whole programme was 20 minutes too fast.
So then began this whole section of trying to stall time and diffrent opinions and miscommunications made everything worse.
So I was running about like a mad person, up and down LT3, trying to ignore the stares of all the peple in the LT and on the verge of a complete breakdown.
Thank god Nazurah was such and angel and she abandoned her post to keep me calm and sane while I tried to keep it all under control.
And Cikgu Hani's calm-ness helped the ex-co members and me keep our heads about.
Soon, the whole thing was over.
The relief I felt when the whole thing was over can't be described.

Shoutouts:
Dilah: Thanks so much for keeping me sane on Tuesday and picking up your phone when I needed to de-stress. I owe you. Thanks.

Nazurah: Thanks for keeping me sane during the whole gemilang and for abandoning your post to keep me calm. Thanks for fanning me with air and telling me to relax whenever I got a lashing. Thanks also for being my remembral when I couldn't even remember anything anymore.

Hajar: Thanks for feeling the way I feel and stressing together over it and willing to get shot down with me. You rock girl!

Khairin: Thanks for listening to me talk and being there with me when you saw I was a total wreck. Thanks for wiping away my sweat and the tears forming in my eyes with your towel.

Nadiah: Thanks for offering to be there and listen and lend your shoulder to cry on when I was in need of one. You rcok la babe!

To everyone else, thank you so much. You're all my darling angels and I am so glad god graced me woth your prescence.

No comments: