Thursday, July 21, 2005

Tribute to Night

Arggh...i smell of milk! HL Milk...Just finished feeding Night. In case you're lyk wondering ryt, Night's dis lil baby mynah birdie. Me, Steph Tan, Princess 'n' Ferena from 3e5 were at Paya Lebar Mrt station on our way to school. it was veri windy 'n' looked liked it was gonna rain. So dere we were, walking along, hapi n carefree wen what do we see huddled in one corner? it was dis small cute lil mynah birdie(Night obvoiusly...). It was lyk shivering cos it was cold n sumhow, it cldn't fly. We weren't sure whether it cldn't fly cos it was injured(its leg was all wonky...) or cos it doesn't noe how...so we assumed both.


We wanted 2 bring it 2 sch cos it was so pitiful 2 c e birdie lyk dat bt prob is, we didn't haf a box or sth 2 take it in. So Steph improvised wif a plastic bag she found in her bag. Den, we faced another prob. No one dared pick it up. So dere we were, crowding ard the terrified birdie, trying 2 egg each other to pick the birdie up(we were kinda running late u c...). Anywayz, dis Chinese man suddenly popped up 'n' helped us pick the birdie up 'n' plopped it in2 e plastic bag.


Wen we reached sch, we were alrdy late n dat tune was blaring alrdy bt we cldn't go any faster cos of the birdie. We reached class jus in tym bt had 2 stand outside cos e national anthem started b4 we got in. So yeah. Den, we told Mrs. C hu gt a box 4 us.


During recess, we were lyk tying to gif e birdie bread soaked wif water bt apparently, its a veri picky birdie n wont eat e bread. Den along came zid hu offered 2 go buy milk n sum more bread 4 e birdie. so off she went n dats wen we kinda decided 2 col it sth else other den birdie. first we thot of eighners(eighters and niners) bt we decided it sounds 2 crude 4 such a cute birdie so we decided to col it Night instead. (Nine and eight cos Niners found it 1st n den eighters came tagging along...get it?) anywayz, brought Night hm 2dae. He's in a plastic cage tingy in e living rm.bringing him 2 sch tmr.gd ting daddy sending me. cant imagine trying 2 explain 2 e bus driver Night's a birdie hu doesnt or totally cant fly.lolz...


oh ya, i achieved sth 2dae. I ran e trial run tingy 4 2.4 n i didnt sprain my ankle! yay! so proud of myself...oso managed 2 do my civic duty 2 3e9 by doing class duty..Oh ya, was pleasantly surprised wen jan suddenly put her arm ard me wen we were walkin 2 pe n asked me wats wrong. Dat point of tym, i was seriously tinking she had esp or telepathy or sth bt turns out Mrs.C put her up 2 it. Lolz..funi Mrs. C. so worried my brains were addled. Bt glad she asked jan cos she understood my reasoning n all..Lolz...n mus remeber 2 tok 2 Naq...hope she say ok or sth..cross fingers...


Nikki: You owe me a letter and dun u dare tink i'll 4get abt it.better ryt me 1 tau...
Mira: I'll be ok. Actually, i am ok n i col u las nyt abt Nikki. Nt HIM. reali. I swear.
Princess: Saw u n Matt. Was on e bus n u were at e bustop. Hrmph. Nvr even wave at me. Bad
princess.
Katshee: Sorri ur Pocky veri overdue. try get it asap aightz...


Perfection
Skinny legs, bigger breasts
Is all they want to see
Tiny waists and thinner arms
The opposite of me
The pressure to be perfect
Is slowly closing in
An utter suffocation
That doesn’t seem to end
Society is telling me
Beautiful is thin
And if I choose to starve myself,
Perfection is what I’d win
Shoving something down my throat
Will get me what I want
Bring me closer to that goal
Of a body I can flaunt
Society is telling us
Beauty is a prize
Measured in the size of your breasts
And weight and clothing size
But let me tell you here and now
No good will come from that
It seems ok at first
But soon becomes a trapa disease that clouds the mind
And believes what is untrue
Believes you’re never good enough
No matter what you do
There is one beauty that I know
It’s the greatest prize of all
It’s learning to accept yourself
Imperfections, flaws and all
The beauty that really matters
Lies in our heart, our soul, our core
Because when you love what’s inside
You love what’s outside even more….
[found this one in a Chicken Soup series. Forgot e author name.]
"Sometimes, to not be a disappointment to those you love, you must first disappoint yourself."