Sunday, December 24, 2006

All I Want For Christmas Is....

Once again, it's that time of the year.
I always regard Christmas as a personal reminder to me that the year is drawing to an end.
Naturally, I don't celebrate Christmas but it's a nice time of the year nonetheless.
Especially with the current weather.
And what with the happy vibes going around.
I'm waiting for Bani's call to confirm on whether we're going out or she's coming over.
I was thinking of going to town to see the Christmas lights but then I realised that it might be packed and most of the shops will be closed early since it's Christmas Eve.
Bea made me a good offer the other day I bumped into her.
I'm still debating on whether I should accept her offer of working at her work place.
It's a restaurant at the esplanade.
It has plenty of pros but I still gotta think about it.
Charlotte told me to try Cafe Cartel and Farhan said try Taka and Ashraf keeps telling me to work as a helper to pump oil into MRT trains for 12 bucks an hour. (FYI, MRT trains do NOT run on oil)
Irfan just said go out with him to find a job.
I'm leaving it till Tuesday.
If you're being technical, I already have one.
It's just my bad luck to get a job that's not only tiring, but krappy and also has racial discrimination.
Sure, it's a lot to work for 7.50 and hour but 12 hours straight for 6 days is insane.
Not to mention that I got "cheated"(I'm using the word loosely here.) by them twice already and I'm not about to make it a hat trick.
Besides, if I still can't get a job, I'll just help mom out at her new stall at Bartley Sec.
At least I get some to cover my phone bills and save a little for whatever I might need after postings next year.
Sometimes, I wonder what it's like to be Paris Hilton and not have to worry about money.

No comments: