Thursday, November 08, 2007

Cos you'll always be special to me

I talk to you as to a friend
I hope that's what you've come to be
It feels as though we've made amends
Like we found a way eventually


It was you who picked the pieces up
When I was a broken soul
And then glued me back together
Returned to me what others stole

I don't wanna hurt you
I don't wanna make you sway
Like I know I've done before

I will not do it anymore
I've always been a dreamer
I've had my head among the clouds
Now that I'm coming down
Won't you be my solid ground?

I look at you and see a friend
I hope that's what you wanna be
Are we back now where it all began?
Have you finally forgiven me?

You gathered my dreams in
When they all blew away
And then tricked them back into me
You saved me
I was almost dead





Because no one can ever take your place and no one I've met since has even come close.
Sometimes I think its me braced alone because I haven't met someone that could offer me what you gave to me.
Someone who can read me inside out, know me so well and stick by me through thick and thin.
Someone I trust enough to let my guard down and cry in front off.
Someone that I can tell my fears to without worrying about how trivial they sound.
Someone that I can always trust to listen to me, even the words that I don't say.
Someone I'm not afraid to call at 2am in the morning cos I know you'll always pick up the phone.
You told me once after the whole thing that you thought it was like any normal fight but circumstances got in the way and we never got it back.
And now you tell me out of the blue that I mean a lot to you and we've been through all that shit but I'll always be special to you.
I'll echo what you say not because it's the right reply or because of the need to reciprocrate the gift you've gladly handed to me.
It's just simple because you'll always be special to me too.

No comments: