Friday, November 23, 2007

Pahang Trip 2007

And finally I found time to blog about the Pahang trip.
Was too tired and malas yesterday and the day before.

The train ride there took about 9 hours.
so being typical girls, we sat around and gossip and ate the tons of food we brought with us.
There was chipsmore, marie biscuits, pototo chips, twisties, more biscuits and even donuts.
We just kept bringing out more food until Syed Ahmad who was sitting behind us remarked,
"mampos. krg nie kerje ngna kedai mamak eh?"
haha.
Li and Nad soon fell asleep leaving me and khai really really bored.
We walked up and down the coach and then on impulse, decided to drag jia to the canteen where we had a plate of nasi goreng at 1.30 in the morning.
We crapped a bit, played stupid games and then walked back to our seats and tried really hard but failed to sleep.
By the time we wanted to start sleeping, we already arrived in Pahang.
We checked into the hotel where Li straight away fell asleep again.
The rest of us watched some drama on tv before deciding to go sleep.
Once again, my insomnia kicked in and I couldn't sleep so I resorted to walking up and down the room and sleeping on the floor and other stupid things to pass the time.
Managed to grab about 30 minutes of sleep in the end.
haha.

The next day was the CIP at the orang asli settlement.
nothing much happened the first half of the day except preparation time and all that.
So we trekked the whole way into the settlement where me being the clumsy me, I tripped over air(literally) and scrapped my knee on the road.
Haha.
And so we finally reached the settlement.
It was really an eye opener for me.
How the people there lived with so little luxuries and material comforts that we all take for granted as our own right.
On the outside, it may look as though they're living a much more carefree life but when you look closer and see the many lines and creases on their faces, you'd know that they work so hard just to survive.
and the children there.
that look in their eyes and the happiness they show when we played with them and all
I really felt so small when I was there.
Still missing Riyan, this super cute little boy who kept laughing and smiling and all that.
Whatever it is, he and the rest of them will always be in my prayers.

That night at the hotel, I thought I could fall asleep easily but I still couldn't so I shifted and squeezed in with khai and nad on the queen bed, leaving li alone in the other room.
But I still failed to fall asleep until around 1 plus for reasons only known by those there. haha
Slept for 3 hours before waking up suddenly at 4.
Started my whole routine of walking up and down the room before squeezing in with Li.
Who incidentally step semangat nk bgn 5.30 but she woke up 1 hour later.
-_-

trekking up mount kesong the next day was kinda freaky at first but I loved every minute of it.
The guides made sure to look after me and ying properly cos firstly I'm flat footed and secondly cos I'm really really freaked of heights.
(think of hyperventilating and shaking all over kinda of freaked)
Still, with the help of the rest of group radiate and the guides and instructor sky, we all managed to go all the way to the top of the 583m high gunung kesong.
:) :) :)
The trek down was a little more freaky cos you suddenly realise how steep and high everything is.
especially this part where its a 7 metre sheer rock wall and if you let go of the rock, you basically fall and die la.
gotta thank lutfi at this part cos he helped me from completely freaking out when I was going down that thing.
Gotta thank Francis, our beloved guide also for guiding me the whole way down especially for lending me a hand when it started getting slippery from the rain.
Sidenote: I made it up and down without injuring my ankles or spraining it. :)
By the time me and the 19 others who managed to get down first showered, it was raining damn heavily.
Some of us attempted to eat but since about 60 or more of the IJCians were still stuck up there, none of us ate anything much.
We ended up waiting under the tentage for the rest to come down.
Radhiah started to cry after a while and I followed suit after mr mg kept coming back with bad news such as "they're stuck. cannot come down. too dark. i think some casualties"
in my defense, all of my girls were stuck up there namely nad, khai and li and ilham was stuck up there too.
and hey, I love all of them lots k and if you saw the trail and how dark it was and the rain, you'd probably cry too.
the whole of my group radiate, managed to come down by 11.30 pm.
It was still raining and no one was in the mood to sleep but chief veron forced us to lay our sleeping bags in the chalet room (after the plan of sleeping in the cave got cancelled) and wait.
By the time we did all that, it was already almost 1 in the morning and stll no sign of the other group.
finally, radhiah screamed at me that she saw khai so I ran all the way to where she was and felt so utterly relieved to see her fine and well and breathing and not like lying on a stretcher or some shit like that.
nad came down at 2 plus and li at 3 sth.
Li came down frowning and snapping at everyone cos she was damn cranky from lack of sleep and all that.
so warning to everyone, when nurliyana ismail is sleepy and tired, don't try talking to her, she'll bite your head off. :p
The last group came down at 4 plus which by that time I was half dead already so me and nad decided to share a bed and sleep.

The next day was supposed to be water rafting.
But due to unforseen circumstances, me and about 20 radiate people got stuck at the rimba park while waiting for the jeeps to take us down to the rafting place.
we waited up there for 5 freaking hours with really nothing to do except play stupid mind games and bonding with each other.
By the time we got down, the rain started pouring again and it was already 6 pm.
In the end , the whole of our group didn't get to go rafting.
to say we were all disappointed is a huge understatement.
Basically my group did nothing the whole day except wait around.
Such a waste.
Nevertheless, the campfire was okay.
good entertainment provided by mojo and sky.
haha.
I was too tired to really enjoy it properly so yeah.
We got on the train back and we just slept the whole way.
:)

And so ends the trip to pahang.
It was damn fun and I miss every moment of it.
One of the best adventure camps I've attended and heh, I'll never forget gunung kesong.
:)

On another note, trip to KL's coming up.
I had this moment on wednesday night when I almost pull out of the trip cos I suddenly got news that I had to pay the full amount for the trip.
Which I clearly can't afford at this point of time.
So after much cursing and complaining to nad (syg kau for listening babe), and talking to cikgu, I came up with a plan that will help me go and still pay for the trip.
Basically, cikgu will pay the amount for me first and I have to pay her back in monthly installments.
and all of these montly installments will come from my own pocket money so I've got to save every month.
Nad said she'll keep track of the amount left to pay and such and that we'll form a tabung amal to put in my money to save so I don't spend.
So to all 34 goons, tolong aku save money okay..
Must make sure I dont spend on shopping or other unneccessary things.
I've got 7 months of installments to complete.
:)

No comments: