Monday, March 24, 2008

Let's dream up another sunset

And so today is the first day back at school after the block tests and the long good friday weekend.
I went to school reluctantly.
Was kinda getting used to slacking at home, watching videos on youtube and reading fanfics.
And I had a strange feeling that the day wasn't going to go all that smoothly.
And in a way I was right.


Started off the day with maths in the morning and heard from mdm C that I improved, through a technical default of course since my results last year was close to zero anyway.
She singled me and a few others out for extra weekly consultations and I'm so thankful that I get the chance to do that. :)
God knows I really need it.


History was surprisingly fun given the fact that we didn't do anything at all.
Mr M spent the time telling us about the coursework for the term and other rubbish like that.
He was supposed to do admin work but we ended up talking and talking and talking.
Random crap mostly, like what lit papers he took for A levels (he was a straight A lit student by the way) , the books we're doing for lit, what language is spoken by the people from bangladesh(seriously) and other nonsense of that ilk.
I love how we can talk to him about anything and everything and he'll always listen and engage in the conversation with us.
I'm really very very glad that he's so bonded with our class and I love him cos he's my favourite teacher and he makes a dry subject like history tres interesting. :)


Started on the tempest for lit and well, I haven't read the actual play, just the synopsis.
And as much as I love shakespeare, his language can kill me.


Got back our scripts for malay and I did okay.
(I'm not going to talk about the Uni admission mini talk that cikgu gave before starting class. It's too depressing.)
Was a little disappointed with my sastera but I guess that's the price to pay for being too ambitious and including in elements that the question didn't ask for. -_-
anyways, I shall just put it behind me and not brood over it.
And so should everyone else k? :)




right now, I'm trying to modify the timetable Sue did for me to suit me better.
Thinking of staying in school everyday to complete homework than heading home for revision until say 12am?
And then after that I'm giving myself an hour to either do some reading (leisure reading or reading for school) or blog online.
And I'm only going to use Sue's timetable for a rough guide cos I don't think I can stand that kind of rigid structure anyway.
I lack the strict self discipline.
I think I'd stick with weekly plans, as in I plan to finish revising certain topics and such by the end of the week.
Hopefully it works.
I need it to work. please.




On a sidenote, I've been waking up every morning with bits and pieces of poetry or prose in my head.
Like I'll be in that state where I'm only semi-awake and my subconcious will recite lines from a random fanfic or book that I read somewhere.
And sometimes, its snippets from something that I know I've never read but it's like my mind makes it up as it goes along.
And it switches back and forth from english to malay.
It's such a pity cos I had inspiration for lines of sajaks that I can't seem to remember when I'm fully awake.


I think I'm really weird.


No comments: