Thursday, March 13, 2008

We're running to stand still

"Forgetting is sad. I myself have forgotten many things. Memory is the ability to relieve that instant in your head. Losing a memory means you can't relieve those days again. As if your life itself is slipping from between your fingers."
Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu - Takuji Ichikawa


I'm afraid that one day, I'll lose the ability to remember and relieve that moment.




Jodi Picoult moments, because she'll always be my favourite after Shakespeare.


"
I'm lonely. Why do you think I had to learn to act so independent? I also get mad too quickly, and I hog the covers, and my second toe is longer than my big one. My hair has it's own zip code. Plus, I get certifiably crazy when I've got PMS. You don't love someone because they're perfect. You love them in spite of the fact that they're not."
My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult


"Love is not and equation, it is not a contract, and it is not a happy ending. Love is the slate under the chalk, the ground that buildings rise, and the oxygen in the air. It is the place you come back to, no matter where your headed."
Vanishing Acts - Jodi Picoult




Doubt thou that the stars are fire;
Doubt thou that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt that I love.
Hamlet - William Shakespeare


You, if you were sensible,
When I tell you the stars flash signals, each one dreadful,
You would not turn and answer me
"The night is wonderful"
'Under the Oak' - D.H. Lawrence



i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

-E.E Cummings

No comments: