Thursday, February 15, 2007

Hello, Saint Valentine

So yesterday was the 14th of February.
Or more popularly known as Valentine's day.
I didn't celebrate it much.
Just went out with the girls.
Caught a movie with Dilah which turned out to be a complete waste of my hard-earened money.
I shall never let her choose movies again.
Tampines mall was packed and there were couples everywhere, holding hands with the girl carrying roses.
The queue outside pizza hut was unbelievable.
Stretched all the way past a couple of stores.
To think that on Valentine's day when it is beyond obvious that all the restrauants would be packed, it would have dawned on these said couples to actually book a reservation.
Although it's prefectly understandable why the queue for seats at pizza hut is of that nature.
Their valentine's day special pizza which comes in a heart shape is kinda sweet albeit cheesy.
But hey, when you're in love, you just somehow get cheesy.
There's no need to look far for proof of that.
Still, to me, Valentine's day can get a bit overrated sometimes.
Nonetheless, I still love that feeling of being loved.
God, I miss Vday in TKGS.
I feel so loved everytime 14th of February comes around.
I remember coming to school in the morning and my table will be littered with little tidbits, sweets, cookies, gerry's yummy brownies and chocolate fudge, roses.
Incidentally, I prefer white roses. Not the traditional red.
Ended the outing with another therapeutic session on the carpark rooftop, stargazing.
I love stargazing on the carpark rooftop.
Unexpectedly, Farhan suddenly called me yesterday.
It was so out of the blue that it caught me by surprise, albeit a pleasant surprise.
We crapped as usual since we're both seriously lame.
While I was laughing away, I realised how much I actually miss listening to him gabble.
So all in all, his call was a nice end to an otherwise normal Vday.

No comments: