Monday, June 04, 2007

There's still hope for you and me

I haven't been doing much work as of the last week.
Partly because the whole week before the last exhausted and drained me to the point that I still felt the strain all throughout last week.
Last week just seemed to flit pass without me noticing it.
It started slow enough with the MLU seminar which took up two days.
So there goes Monday and Tuesday.
Wednesday was spent out running around Marsiling Secondary School and the Sheng Siong at Woodlands with Nad and Liyana for PW.
That same Wednesday was also the day that I was supposed to watch POTC with Dilah but the poor dear had fever so it was canceled.
(ironically, now we find it almost impossible to arrange a time to catch the movie. Blame it all on the hectic schedules of JC and Poly life. or rather, the differences in the schedules.)
I can't remember what I did for Thursday, I only know it was Vesak day.
Friday I didn't go to school, reasons only god and me knows. (as well as those select few who know me well enough)
And then there was the TPJC Manifestasi.
Bani was damn good as the karut. Good job babe!
As you can see, I didn't really get down to much work.

I have no idea why I seem to be tired all the time, how I crave for sleep.
The best thing is I haven't had coffee for ages so maybe I'd have to start drinking it early in the mornings just to keep me up longer at night.
Yet, Ilham says I don't get enough sleep. (well actually everybody says that).
The thing I can't figure out is what the hell I do until late at night that, I don't get enough sleep.
Probably cos' my insomnia's starting to get worse now and I can spend an entire hour tossing and turning, trying to sleep but failing spectacularly.

I feel myself panicking slightly (okay.maybe more than slightly) everytime I think of the coming end of the holidays.
Summer tests are coming up and god, I am so unprepared for it.
I'm not worrying too much about Lit at the moment, I'm thinking more of History and Maths.
The thing is, I really wished I knew how to make myself like both the subjects, just so I'd have as much passion for them as I do for Lit and thus be motivated to study for them.
I don't know when I started developing an allergy to History.
Maybe from all the times I missed school due to that on again off again fever I keep having that somehow just hit dates with History tutorials and lectures in the timetable.
I know for a fact that if I tried and studied really hard, I can do fairly well in History.
It's just that I have this this aversion to it.
To make the situation a little worse, after close scrutinization of my exam timetable, I realised that the History paper is on the first day of the Summer Tests.
Gahh. It's utterly frustrating when you have to do something you abhor dislike.
Still, I know I'm just gonna have to take a deep breath, grit my teeth and just go right ahead and open the History book.
Otherwise, I'm never going to finish 32 lectures in 15 or so days.
And I'm thinking for maths, I'll have to get someone to teach me the basics.
I was thinking of getting Nad to teach me after school one day this week so I can go home and study for Maths on my own.
I have no idea what's coming out for Malay Lit so I'm going to just put it aside for now.
As for Lit, I still have to finish annotating my book and I'll have to go through it all again. (I love lit! haha. such beauty)
And not to forget, the code and riddle in iambic pentameter that I have to come up with for PW.
And the typing of all the Minutes of Meetings with edits and all.
As well as editing anything that any of my group members come up with after they're done.
Gahh. SO much to do. and so little time.

Nami was telling me during Lit lecture that she feels scared for the Summer Tests.
Hey babe, I'm scared too.
So no worries, we can be scared together. :)
We can do this!!
There's still hope for you and me.

No comments: