Sunday, June 08, 2008

For tonight, I'm only meant to know

You know how life works in weird ways and one moment you're laughing your heart
out and the next moment you're scared shitless and you feel totally off balance?
I had one of those kinds of days on Wednesday.
I can't remember what happened throughout the day.
I only remember studying with my sister in the living room, singing aloud to Secondhand Serenade and Mayday Parade and laughing over some stupid thing when Li called and I swear it
just threw me off balance.
When I heard that fiqa got into a pretty bad accident, the first thing I thought was oh my god.
Then I froze and couldn't even think clearly for the next hour or so while I was calling people to spread the news and arranging a time to meet with Nad.
When we went to see her the next day, it shocked me a little bit more that she's in the high dependency ward but I'm thankful that she didn't sustain any major internal injuries.
Hell, she could she still converse pretty well and joke around albeit a little bit weak.
She fractured the whole of her left leg and her right thigh as well.
I know its going to take her some time to fully recover and learn how to walk again but I'm confident that she can do it.
It's just that on the way back from the hospital, I just couldn't get the image of her laying there all pale and weak, with monitors attached to her and drips all over.
I just couldn't get over the fact that I even witnessed her like that.
Maybe because I know that things like that happens but I never thought that it'll happen in my life, to me or to someone I know.
It's like some rude wake up call.
Hey you're not invincible and don't for a second let yourself think you are.
It just hit so close to the bone.


Other than that, I've had a pretty great weak so far.
Been spending more and more time with my sister.
We study together in the living room (I don't get why she is so semangat when she's not even taking O's yet. -_-) until late at night.
And I've been sleeping on the floor in her room for half of the week too.
It feels good to have someone to talk to late into the night.
And my sister, she can have a decent conversation with me and that counts for something given her age.
Sometimes I forget she's only 14 because she can talk about anything and everything and she's really mature in her thinking too.
Kinda like me sometimes.
Like right now, I'm typing this while sitting on a mattress in her room, with the laptop on her bed.
She's doing her own online stuff on her study table.
I think without my sister, even though we have our fights and all that, I'd probably not be half the person I am today.
All those times sleeping on the floor with her on countless other nights before this one.
I think they kinda shaped me to be who I am today although I'm sure the nights we spent singing every single hi-5 song out loud don't count.
Yeah believe it or not, I used to memorise every single one. -_-




Short sidenote: I'm totally in love with Battle's single and Youngbae's mini album!! I've been playing them on repeat since yesterday. :)
Oh and super junior finally did a full 13 member comeback at the dream concert yesterday even if they're going their separate ways again after this. -_-
Still, it's so good seeing them together again though they all look like they've lost weight.
And kibum looks damn cute again. haha.


Good night.
Sweet dreams.

No comments: