Sunday, February 24, 2008

You're never ready to catch me

you whispered a promise sealing it with heartbeats
you whispered a brand, my name among it's seams
only to have them branded empty again
erased, "let's begin on another new slate"
I ask, if this is love, then what's that hurt?
I ask, if this is happiness, then what's that pain?
but because I let trust fall into what you said,
belief is held true, because you told me to
and all along irony is laughing,
cos its still the same old words you say,
- you'll chase me to the ends of the world
but you're never ready to catch me, you let me slip away

-shaeira




today marks 1 week that you slipped away, yet again.
I still marvel at your callous ease.


Maybe next time, chase me only if you're ready to catch me.


You can take a leaf out of boy's book. He's been ready to catch me for a long time.
Boy, maybe one day soon okay? I'm sorry.


P.S. Boy, let's go down that winding road. I wanna catch the sun. And I wanna watch the stars. :)

No comments: