Saturday, September 29, 2007

All the little I've got

I watched you walk away, you're shoulders square even though I can tell you're breaking cos your ears are turning red.
To the world, you're strong but I see right through you.
How this is is breaking you.

Cold-hearted I am, and all that I've got left to say to you is that I'm sorry, nothing more, nothing less.

In all the time this took to happen,
I only remember that one instant, that memory imprinted in my mind.
You walking away, winding down that endless corridor and then my voice just died.

Then there's no more numbers left for me to press.
I can go through the whole list off my head, go through it again in my phonebook.
And I draw a blank.
It seems that I've lost my best persons.
Go through that list again, and there's none there.
No number left for me to press.
There's all the love around me now, intact support systems and souls that will save me when I crash but none that I'd ever let hear me cry.

No comments: